Monday, September 18, 2006

The Killer




Worked out again today, just like I said I would. :) Between having to save face here, with my husband and kids, and with the people at the fitness center, I have plenty of positive peer pressure in my life to keep me going.

I decided to shake things up today by doing 15 minutes of rebounding here at home before heading in, substituting for my usual 15 minute bike ride at the fitness center. I was on a little bit of a time crunch so that helped.

I did a full round of all the weight machines that I normally do, and at the end right before I was about to hop on the treadmill some people came in and took over all of them. Not wanting to wait, I decided to be brave and make my maiden voyage on the machine affectionately known at The Killer. Trust me, it is aptly named. The above picture sort of shows what it's like, except I think the one I used is bigger, scarier, and more painful. It starts out seeming easy, and then after about 30 seconds you know how wrong you were to think that. I only did 5 minutes on the easiest setting (called "Walk in the Park" HA. HA.) and I burned as many calories in that Very Long 5 minutes as I do in the 15 on the bike. It is TOUGH, but I like that it has quick results. I have been spending about 90 minutes on the workouts and although it's ok, I would prefer to be done in an hour or less. So, I am going to see what I can do about spending my time with The Killer and burn up some calories faster.

Over the weekend my husband has torn down walls, built shelves, and tossed a bunch of stuff out to the garbage pile. We are making progress and that is exciting.

We watched Nanny McPhee with the kids over the weekend and it was a hoot. Much better than I expected it to be, plenty of clever uses of vocabulary, and a happy ending. We all recommend it.

1 comment:

One Hot Mama said...

We love Nanny McPhee too. I expected to hate it but it was a real riot! I thought it had some good lessons and it was really fun. Of course, lol, I cried.