Monday, June 19, 2006

WAHM Resources and Businesses

Good morning dear readers! I am having an insomnia night, so am getting a jumpstart on today's Monday Morning Meme. This week I want to meander through some great businesses run by work at home moms.


The Mom Pack is a really wonderful thing that I learned about a few weeks ago. The idea is for "mom-owned" businesses to help support each other by networking in a variety of ways. They have a wonderful egroup for members to join. I have learned so much from this group and have also expanded my business dramatically. Some of the members do a thing where they exchange brochures, samples, flyers, or coupons for their business. Each one makes up Mom Packs with one of each item and they give them away with their orders and so forth. Right now I'm working on making up tons of cool Mom Packs to give out during Back to School time. The Mom Pack also features member business directories and lots more. Really, really valuable if you have your own business (or want to!).

One of the great things about the Mom Pack is that I have learned about so many businesses I hadn't previously known about. Some are companies I had never heard of, and some are unique home businesses. I have been amazed at the creativity and style of people!







Little Pink Line features pregnancy pin-up shirts. These unique, sassy, often hilarious designs will make some of you wish you could be pregnant just to wear 'em.

If you're like me and love some of these items but would never have the nerve to wear them in public, they would still make really fun pajamas, don't you think?




Mr. Candy Wrapper is a really cool looking business that all moms should know about. Not only do they make customized candy wrappers that you could use in many ways, but they also have a HUGE assortment of party supplies. In my quick look through their kids party themes I found all sorts of stuff that I have wished I could find in the past but didn't know where to get them. Now I do. Check it out!







One thing that has been very interesting to me is the number of really good looking businesses out there that cost very little or nothing to get involved with. I actually signed up with one last night: Cajun Country Candies. This gormet gift basket business looks completely gorgeous and delicious. I love the variety of items that offer, and that shipping is already included in the price. You can actually sign up to be an affiliate for FREE, get your own web site, and get to work promoting your new business. How cool is THAT!? You make 40% on every sale! Seems like a good possibility for lots of women. Go see what you think.

In the weeks to come I plan to let you know about some really great mom-business products that I will actually see, smell, touch, and try out. Hopefully we can all work together to support these ladies in their endeavors.

No comments: