Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands

Yesterday, amidst a thousand other things, I made the time to read this book from front to back. I think this book gave me the kick in the butt that I needed this weekend.

Dr. Laura uses common sense and examples from her call-in show and private practice experience to teach women the simple things that need to happen to take care of their husband. Basically: feed 'em, respect them, take good care of their kids, and give 'em good lovin'.

She talks about gratitude and selfishness, and about the destructive messages that feminism has brought to women that cause them to mess up a good thing.

There wasn't a lot in this book that I haven't heard before, but it was a powerful reminder that I needed. I recommend it heartily.

No comments: