Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sodijety's Accessories




Today I'd like to tell you about a lovely jewelry business, Sodijety's Accessories. This creative handmade jewelry comes from Yecy Delgado, a stay-at-home mom in Puerto Rico!

Yecy shared a little about herself and her business:

My father and two of my aunts were artisans. Since the age of 7 I learn to crochet, knit, boblace, sew, and of course jewelry. Although my father mostly used puerto rican seeds for his jewelry, I started to experiment with wire, and have taken many courses on that subject.

While in college, I studied drama. I started crocheting, hand bags, totes, and berrets and sold them to other students. By the time I graduated I was already certified by the goverment of Puerto Rico as a crocheter and jewelry designer. I was getting invitations to participate in different craft fairs across the island. So I had to pitch a name. At that time I only sold crocheted items, wich I hope to be including in my site. I had started doing bathing suits as well, and those were extremely popular. TEJIDOS is the spanish word for any kind of needle craft, and it means weaving. SODIJET is that word backwards. And the Y, that's the first letter in my name Yecy Delgado.

With time I had to move and I had no space for a sewing maching and everything that was in my workshop, so I had to find an alternative to crocheting items. That's when I started with the jewelry. It was an inmediate success. All these years I had worked as a professional Ballet Dancer and instructor.

But it was time for me to have a baby and another and another, untill I ended with four. By then I had quit my ballet, because of the strenuos training and traveling. I wanted to be a stay at home mom, but economically I had to help with something. So I developed the jewelry more and more. I cannot afford to take many classes, but somehow that has also giving me the chance to be more inventive when I create my designs.

In my designs you will see I tend for simple and elegant. I have always prefered these designs. My designs can be use for everyday wearing, giving an elegant touch and small details to casual wearing. Although there are designs for formal ocassions.
Today I am a happy mother of four, and an incredible husband who has four girls of his own. Staying at home has allowed me to give the proper attention to my kids. Specially to my youngest who is autistic. But being that this situation has brought more expenses, and the need of much more time, I have decided to give cyber world a try. Untill now, the response has been great. I'm promoting a lot. I'm very thankfull of the support I have gotten from many stay at home moms. And I know that with God's blessing everything will work out fine.


I really admire Yecy's gumption. English is not her first language, and yet she has put together a great site to showcase her jewelry. She was kind enough to send me 5 different pair of earrings to try out, and they are very nice. They are lightweight, and feature beads and wire in funky, fun designs.

Yecy's prices can't be beat. Wow! She offers matching necklace and earrings sets for $10-15 with FREE SHIPPING! Right now she has a special where any $20 purchase will get you 3 free pair of earrings. Don't want to do that? Get three pair of earrings for only $5! Again, FREE SHIPPING!

Yecy also offers wholesale opportunities and drop shipping. I don't know how she does it all for such low prices, but I'm glad she does!

Yecy is participating in a vendor fair this Thursday, June 29th, at 11am. Vendors fairs are a hot new concept where you can go to a private party chat room to learn about various businesses and products. Usually there are games, door prizes, and specials. You can attend Yecy's fair by going here at the party time.

I would really like to see you all helping to support this business, so I have a little promotion for you. I have four pair of Yecy's earrings to give away. I am going to do two different drawings.

One drawing will be for those of you that post about Yecy's business on your own blog. Your post needs to include some information about her business plus links for your visitors to go check out her site. Leave me a comment here so I know who you are. Make sure you leave contact information. Sunday I will do the drawing.

The other drawing will be for those of you that go and shop at Yecy's site this week. Tell her that Dollymama sent you. On Sunday I'll find out the names of those of you that shopped at her site, and one of you will be hearing from me so that I can send you your free bonus earrings!

Be a good sport, have some fun, and do something nice to help out someone that is working hard to make a great thing happen for her family!

No comments: