Saturday, December 31, 2005

I was wrong! Customer service is NOT dead!!!!

Well I have just had my confidence in good business practice restored by Target.

A little over a week before Christmas I placed an order on target.com since the items I was ordering were hard to find and I wanted them here by Christmas. As it turned out, they emailed me a day or two later saying that my items were out of stock and would not be here for weeks. So, I decided to wait, since I couldn't find the items anywhere else.

Tonite my son found one of the items by accident at a store he was in, at a third of the price, so I decided to cancel my order with Target. (there were only 2 things in the order, and I knew I could find the other thing without any trouble)

When I got to the web site it would not let me cancel my order so I decided to call a live person to see what could be done about that.

I got a very nice man who spoke clear English (!!) and I told him what the problem was, and he told me that my items were already on their way. Then he said the magic words:

"I see that you tried to order this for a Christmas gift and we did not get it to you on time. What I am going to do is refund your money in full, and have you keep these items when they arrive, with our compliments."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A $75 order, for free!

They didn't have to do that. But it totally rocks that they did! Wow!

Therefore, Target is the recipient of the 2005

DollyMama Customer Service is NOT Dead Award.

Now everybody go buy something at Target and tell them I sent ya. :)

4 comments:

razorbackmama said...

LOL just be sure to keep your receipts when you buy it because their returns policy STINKS LOL!!!

Mimi said...

I agree with Razorbackmama! Congratulations, that is awesome.

Willow said...

WOW! (So what were the items?)

Oh good god. qxcqouki. Good thing I haven't been drinking tonight.

Dollymama said...

Goob--It was Halo 2 and a wireless X Box controller. Woot!