Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Day God Smiled on Dolly Mama

I just wanted to share some good news. Today I called the IRS woman. I have been dreading it for many days, and have been so stressed about it that it's really had me upset. But, lo and alas, it was no big deal!

She asked if I had any questions, and so I went down the list of requested documents with her, and she ended up telling me not to bother with more than half of the items! The very worst and scariest version, which I had been dreading the most, was tossed away with a few words from my IRS angel.

So now all I have to do is get things like proof of residence, birth certificates, and so forth, all of which I know where they are so it is no big deal at all. What's better is that she ended up agreeing that I could just fax the stuff to her rather than having to come in for a meeting! AND, I have 3 weeks to get it done.

Aaaaah! Relief!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Heth said...

Woo Hoo! Do you love the IRS or what?!