Friday, December 02, 2005

The Post in Which I Start to Seem Like a Pitiful Wimp, Which I am Not

So, almost 2 days after starting on the antibiotics and still not feeling much better.... after my experience with the recent kidney infection, I am starting to wonder if I am now harboring some anti-antibiotic forcefield, wherein my body does not want to just accept the first medicine given, and obediently start back toward wellness. You may think I am a simple woman, but in fact, this anti-antibiotic factor makes me very complicated and mysterious indeed. An antibiotic rebel, perhaps. Why not?

In addition to my still-sore throat, I have been having an ankle problem. A few days ago it started hurting a lot just from me walking around the house or going up and down the stairs. It seems to come and go, but even when it doesn't hurt, it feels fragile. I can't think of any time when I twisted my ankle recently or any reason why it should hurt....but it does. In fact, last night as I was in bed trying to fall asleep, by ankle hurt without putting and weight on it at all. So....what's up with that?! Now I am wondering what I am supposed to do with a sometimes-hurting-sometimes-merely-feeling-fragile ankle. Go get x-rays? Just be careful of it and don't go rollerskating? I am considering a trip to the chiropractor, because I am noticing that actually all of my back and leg on that side of my body feel out-of-whack. So, maybe that's the answer.

So, you can imagine me, feeling like crap, with my hurting ankle, trudging and limping through the grocery store with 3 or 4 kids later on this morning to buy 2 carts full of groceries, including those blasted "exchange gifts" for all the kids in school. From there we may go crazy and take a trip to see the chiro, go to the library, and fill up our gas tank with gas that is only $1.92!! Woo hoo. What am I sitting here for? I've got a day to go take on! Bye.

No comments: