Sunday, December 25, 2005

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

Some family photos here to show you what we did yesterday.

First, I nearly won the "Meanest Christmas Mother" contest when I screamed at all of the kids 8 or younger to leave the kitchen when we were trying to bake the cookies. Somehow I had the mistaken notion that one mother could guide 5 young children in the finer arts of rolling dough, using cookie cutters, and getting the cut outs to the cookie sheet successfully. It only took about 5 minutes for me to decide that was a suicide mission, and I sent them packing to watch a movie while I did the baking myself. Later they rejoined the effort with yukky decorating. (Next year I'm going to bake the cookies at night after they're asleep, and save some for myself that won't be totally crapped up with every kind of frosting and sprinkle available.)

No comments: