Tuesday, December 20, 2005

HOW many more days of Christmas vacation????

You all are going to have to remind me how to manage having all of my kids at home for 2 weeks while it is too cold outside to play.....

Today we did our "make an edible Christmas village" activity. Basically, we use a lot of graham crackers, frosting, and candy to create a revolting little shanty town type thing, and the kids think it's great and after spending time crafting these third world country type dwellings, they eat off of them for days. Big fun.

So, by the time we were done, my table was covered with thousands of graham cracker crumbs, blops of frosting, pieces of candy and shredded coconut. The floor looked about the same. My 2 year old thought that his job was to simply eat as many gummi bears as humanly possible. ugh. Dis-gus-ting. But...hey! We're making memories! We're being festive! I'm being a fun mom and letting them eat junk all day long!

During the rest of the day the little boys repeatedly made forts out of couch cushions, my daughter and her friend laid out on towels in her room pretending that they were on a beach, and then the little boys decided that looked really fun so next thing I knew every towel from the linen closet had been strewn around the house.

We got a movie from netflix (Millions) that I expected to be good, but it really, really wasn't. So that didn't even provide any respite from the chaos of the day.

The little guys don't take afternoon naps any more, although they do get tired and cranky, so that can really make for a darn. long. day. I seriously considered upping our Netflix subscription to 4 or 5 at a time, but then decided I was being really lame. Surely I can survive with 6 kids plus their friends inside the house for 2 weeks.....right??


1 comment:

Heth said...

I'm with ya Dolly....all the way down to the couch cushions. I think I'm coming across a lot grumpier than you though. Merry Christmas!