Friday, December 02, 2005

Todays outing:

2 retarded mistakes at the drive-in teller at the bank (first I didn't know how many children I had with me, then I didn't write down my acct. number)

1st mini candy cane of the season

$310 groceries

$75 gas

5 minute visit with the hubby at the fire station

3 DVDs borrowed from the library, including a new one: Robots! (kids are very excited)

$20 McD's lunch for 4 (ugh)

And the cherry on the top of it all was that after I walked all through Walmart, trying not to limp....... on our way out, the automatic doors were super slow. I had to stop and wait for the door to open, and my 13 year old was coming along behind me with our second cart (It takes 2 carts to get 2 weeks of groceries for us), and he rammed right. into. the back. of. my. foot. The other foot. The good one. You know: The foot formerly known as the one that had not been causing me any pain.

It hurts now though! That's for darn sure.

It hurt so much I actually almost cried right there in the stupid Walmart foyer. but, alas, I really didn't want to hold up the flow of cart traffic with everyone watching me cry, so I pulled myself together and pressed on.

(is she a trooper or WHAT, folks? Give that woman a cigar!)

In lieu of any charming, sweet, warm fuzzies from me today, I would like to direct you to this wonderful post at one of my favorite blogs, Sweet Juniper. I found out today that Dutch will soon be embarking on a new career as a stay-at-home-dad. How cool is that?!

3 comments:

jdg said...

Thanks for the kind words dollymama!

And everytime I come to your site I get mesmerized by that belly dancer. You should really post a warning to your male visitors.

Dollymama said...

What? Mesmerized by little old me in this old thing? Aw, c'mon, Dutch. I find that hard to believe!

What do you suppose the warning should say?

Dollymama said...

I don't care for Walmart much either, but it's the only place around here that I can go to get all my shopping done in one stop. Of course, I've had bad experiences at kroger too....

Is that me in the belly dancer photo? Well, what do you think? I'll leave it up to your imagination.