Saturday, December 03, 2005

Odds and Ends

My mom got us a web cam for Christmas, so now all my MSN messenger contacts can see me and my kin while we chat. Pretty fun!

This past week was the one where my husband started his second job, so he's been gone every single day, and he's continuing to be gone today and tomorrow (which were his "days off") for some training. Then we start again with another week and weekend just like the one we just finished. And on and on it goes, I guess.

So, it's a good thing he's getting all this work, but it's pretty weird to have him gone all the time, plus I have had to give up my Pampered Princess Privileges such a never having to take children with me to the store or to appointments. Instead, I had to bring kids along to my doctor appt, to a hair appt., and on all the errands I did yesterday. It's doable now (as compared to 2 years ago) but definitely not my first choice. I'll adjust, though.

This morning I had to wake up early to take my daughter to a Girl Scout Christmas party, so my chance for extra sleep was thwarted. Even before I got up I still felt so crappy that I was having a little conversation with myself about whether or not I was going to attend tonite's church Christmas party, and how I was ever going to carve out the space to get well. Eventually I decided to cancel the babysitter and not go to the party. There is no husband help in sight, so I have to cut back and get whatever rest I can (which is going to be precious little seeing as how I'm home with all six kids all weekend long). I strongly suspect that we won't be going to church tomorrow either.

My sore throat is mostly better, but I've now got a cough, some slight sniffles, and the continued body aches. So, maybe I have a cold in addition to the strep. Either way, I'm gunnin' for a nap, and once I go pick up my Girl Scout in a few minutes, I'm going to assign the children to a long day of watching movies and leaving me alone, and try to sleep or at least lay down and read a book. I just picked up Joan Didion's "The Year of Magical Thinking" yesterday and am looking forward to reading it.

Well, ding-dong, my Axim calls, time to go pick up my second-born. Somebody pass me a tissue, ok?

No comments: