Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Burst of Happiness

In the past few days I've had a burst of happiness, which is nice considering that I've felt under a dark cloud for awhile now. The main thing that's brought me glee is an egroup for members of my high school graduating class. We've had a resurgence of chatter there, some new classmates found the group and joined, and it's been non stop laughs and fun to reconnect with these people. What. A. Hoot. It's been good for my heart, to laugh and remember.

I wonder what it would be like to go back and be in high school for a day or week.....

I recently finished a cool book: Plan B by Anne Lamott. This is my first read of any of her stuff and I think I'll be back for more. Although her style is her own, the way she communicates reminds me of Anna Quindlen in some ways. Basically that although I don't agree with everything I'm reading, I get the feeling that I'm having a conversation with a person who I can really respect, and that I can appreciate taking time to see their perspective. Quindlen's book Loud and Clear is one of my favorites.

For those of you that follow my reading reviews, you'd think I'd be sick of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. But you know what? I've recently found myself actually *missing* the characters. I'm thinking of rereading the entire series. I rarely reread anything, so that's really saying something if I loved it all enough to read all 6000 pages again. I do!

I got the IRS paperwork out of my hair earlier this week, so that's one rotten thing off of my mind. For the rest of the week I'm just enjoying trying to get my house cleaned up for two rounds of company coming this weekend. I'm so glad I'm done looking for papers. For now. After this weekend I need to start pulling together all the paperwork for taxes. The only bright spot to that is the refund we're likely to get.

Til next time......I hope each of you finds a burst of happiness today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bursts of happiness are always great, Dolly. Kudos to you! Have a great day!

Heth said...

Glad you've got some things to smile about. Reconnecting with highschool friends sounds like a blast!

Mimi said...

Enjoy those bursts of happiness. I'd love to get an egroup together of classmates, what a neat idea.

I've been intrigued by Anne Lamott's books - "Plan B" and "Traveling Mercies" although I've not read either of them. I enjoy Anna Quindlen's writing style too, so it sounds good.