Monday, January 16, 2006

Who Says You Can't Learn Anything From TV?

As many of you probably remember, we don't have TV here in Dollymamaville. We're just not good at limiting our TV watching hours when we have it available to us, so we just have none. Except, of course, for the fact that we do have the ability to watch DVDs, and so we get Netflix, and from there I borrow some TV shows. I'm always at least a few seasons behind everybody else, but since I don't really talk TV with anybody, it works out ok.

Recently my sister recommended that I check out The Apprentice since she thought I would enjoy it. We've worked our way through the first three discs of season 1, and I am not only finding it entertaining, but educational as well. I am learning from seeing a wide variety of business challenges approached in various ways, and in turn, it sparked some thinking on my part, about moving my business to a more successful level.

Basically I realized that I could work on getting distributors to take on my product, and also I could hire sales reps to work straight commission. Neither would cost me any money up front, and either/both of these options overcome the limitations and weaknesses that I have.

So, I'm excited! New options! Thinking outside the bitty box in my head. Yay!

2 comments:

Heather Hansen said...

That's fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting to see the Apprentice. I'm happy my recommendation was on target and not a waste!
Little Dolly