Sunday, August 07, 2005

Words, words.....

The three funniest spoken moments of my day:

1. In the car, pulling out of the driveway for church. Husband at work, me flying solo. Kids have had a fight while trying to get people seated and buckled up. I get in, referree, scold wrongdoers, and then pull out of the driveway with a sigh, saying, "OK. We're off to see the wizard..." And a little voice from the back of the Burb says, "A lizard? Is it a big lizard or a small lizard?"

2. At church, after a good talk about the tongue (aka the spoken word) and how it reflects the content of our heart, the pastor is praying for us to both be able to control our tongues and to have renewed hearts, and says something in the course of the prayer like, "We only have to be married to find that there are so many new and amazing ways to use our tongue...." and I had to stifle a snort and try to reign my thoughts back in. Indeed!

3. And at lunch after church, where I had pulled out a bunch of leftovers for the kids to choose from, and Sullen (almost 13) chooses some seasoned (apparently not very well) rice. As he's eating he says to me facetiously, "This is excellent plain, dry rice, mom. What's your recipe?" and I almost killed myself by choking on my lasagne.

No comments: