Sunday, August 14, 2005

Party is DONE! We made it!

After our near disaster last night with the party location, I had a restless night having several dreams about things that could go wrong with the party. My personal favorite, though, is the one where I was getting ready for the party (in my dream) and looked into the mirror to discover that somehow my hair had grown all the way down to my thighs, with no bangs, and frizzy, looking very much like some of the old-time church of God or pentecostal ladies I see grocery shopping around here. I was looking in the mirror, freaking out, saying, "how on earth did this happen to me? I can't go out looking like this!!!" and proceeded to try to figure out how I could make myself look less hideous.....

Do you think this means my vanity is getting out of control?

So we have just gotten home from the party. It went GREAT! The building was perfect for it. We had more than enough snacks and drinks. Everybody had fun. The building people accidentally left their sound system out so we got to use that, which was great.

We asked 4 of our favorite men (aside from my husband) to come planning to share about Christian manhood and to have something symbolic of their words to give to our son to remember what they said. As I had suspected and hoped it would be, it was EXCELLENT. Really, really neat stuff. Very encouraging, special, wonderful stuff from these guys that we appreciate so much. I think my son appreciated it too. It was during these little talks that I was thinking that I knew we did a really neat thing by having this party and I am so glad we did. It was Good Stuff.

My husband had been very nervous about all the speaking he would need to do at the party, but he did a great job and you couldn't even tell he was feeling uncomfortable.

My son did just fine doing his little part where he thanked people for coming, thanked the men for their encouragements, etc. He had fun playing games with his friends, and loved opening his gifts. The kid raked in some serious cashola plus a lot of cool loot.

After the party I asked him, "so did you like it a lot more than you thought you would?" and he said, "Yeah, I really liked it a lot. It was really cool." So, YAY! DollyMAma is vindicated, and now I can stop planning this party and get back to real life.

Tomorrow Doodles goes back to preschool, so now we can get into our regularly schedule programs, which will be nice for a change.

Thanks for all the well wishes on the party. It was really great.

4 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Sounds like a great success! What a special party!

ilaiy said...

Pics ...

Nice blog ..


./thanks
ilaiy
====================================
http://ilaiy.blogspot.com
http://howiwishihad.blogspot.com/
====================================

Meg: said...

I think it really means you have a thing for Cousin It. ;)

Dollymama said...

Will try to get pics up soon. We have a new digital cam and I haven't been able to get it to download the pics. grrr

Meg....WHAT?!