Monday, August 29, 2005

Sleepless in Kentucky

So I shall refrain from blathering on and on about why I cannot sleep. It's not because I'm scared, though...my brain just won't stop! So, here I am again.

My youngest child, 2.5 years old, is experiencing a great love for throwing things in the toilet. I think all of my children have gone through something similar, although he seems to be the worst toilet tosser of the bunch. I was thinking today that I need to paint on the wall near the toilet:

No swimming.
No fishing.
No diving.

Belle on Her Toes has a beautiful post up that was a great encouragement to me about motherhood. Not only was that a blessing, but she mentioned a favorite blog of hers that looks to be worth checking out both for the sweet atmosphere and the gorgeous works of art. Venture on over to both spots and see what's what.

Alana at Morning Coffee deserves congrats for shedding 20 lbs.! Also, a recent post of hers reminded me of something I saw a few years ago and haven't stopped loving the thought of: a surrey with a fringe on top! I bet you didn't even know what that song was talking about, did you? Well, it's like a pedal-powered car. A cross between a bike and a Flintstones car! I think they are way cool and it would be so fun to live someplace without many hills (not central Kentucky!) and nice weather to use one of these gizmos instead of a car as much as possible. Too cute! Check them out here and here and here! I really like the old fashioned-looking ones, but the mod ones are very cool too. With the cost of gas looking to never go back down, maybe this would be a nice alternative for some of us, eh?


Modern surreys! Too cool! Posted by Picasa

Have I ever told you about my mother's neat-o business? She owns and operates a 4D ultrasound business in North Carolina. You can go check out these amazing pictures of preborn babies that she gets with her ultra high tech ultrasound machine! Pretty interesting technology.

Aside from my enterprising mother, I have a famous brother as well. He is a musician, formerly (and currently!) known as Temple, but also performing with his best gal under the name Beast With 2 Backs.

(Don't worry, folks--I already sent them an email to say that she needs to pull up her pants!) You can check out some of his sound here and here. He generally plays in the Boston area, but has recently performed in NYC at CBGB's!

His talented "better half" is a creative genius in her own right, as a designer of beautiful clothing that she sells to the wealthy and fashion-conscious of New England. You can find her items at exclusive trunk shows and snazzy boutiques in the Boston and New England area, under the name Teresa Crowninshield. (she normally has a web site up but today it seems to not be working.....)

So, hey--pretty impressive...right? I also have an amazing sister who recently graduated with her second masters degree and is currently job hunting in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. She does Industrial Organizational Psychology....or something like that! It doesn't mean that she sits and listens to worker bees cry into their hankies and talk about their childhood wounds, though. It's more like she looks at workplaces and figures out how to make them more ergonomic and efficient, helps make things happier and more productive for everybody involved...stuff like that. Or something close to it! Sissy--write in and set us straight. With the thousands/hundreds/dozens of readers here, maybe we can find you a job this way! (not that you aren't doing a mighty fine job of that yourself, of course!!!) And tell us, how do you like having a chosen career field that ordinary dolts like your family members struggle to comprehend? (Hey--I don't understand most of my brother's music, and I can't fit into Teresa Crowninshield's designs, and I'm not going to be getting a 4D ultrasound anytime in the forseeable future either, but it doesn't stop me from being proud of 'em all!)

Well, I've killed an hour here so it must be almost time for me to either go get a snack, start playing online bachgammon, or make another attempt at going to sleep. Which will it be? Oh, it's anyone's guess.....I'll leave you in suspense, just because I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.