Monday, August 08, 2005

Ideal Moments

Today is one of those days when I feel certain that we've got a good thing going on here. I guess I already know that all the other days too, but sometimes something happens that highlights Good Stuff and it makes me feel very happy.

This morning our oldest son finished up his school stuff and then was asked to go help his dad. The Firecrapper is working on our downstairs family room, which is needing some drywalling, painting, etc. that has been on ongoing project for a year or two now (I have lost track and don't care to know the truth). When it was time for lunch I went outside to tell The Men to come and eat, and here was my son using a buzz saw to cut some long pieces of wood. My husband was there by his side coaching him along and encouraging him, helping him when he got to a tricky spot. I stood and watched my son cut this board, and when he stood up to talk to his dad, he had such a happy, satisfied look on his face. It made me think to myself, "*This* is what he's home for. There is no place better on earth for him to be today than by his dad's side, doing manly work, having fun together working on a project together."

When the guys came in for lunch my son beamed (well, now that he is almost 13 he tries to look very cool and reserved most of the time, so it was beaming within that context) when he told me, "Know what? Dad let me drive the Bronco all the way to the top of the hill, load up some boards, and drive back down! I did it all by myself!"

:)

Just the other day my son got his first driving lesson from his dad, going up our backyard hill. Today he already got his wings! Pretty neat stuff....

Today's stuff is the kind of thing I have been hoping to see. My son and husband sometimes have quite a bit of friction between them, and so it was so great to see something better in it's place.

I also had fun picking apples with my little boys ages 7, 4, and 2. We have two apple trees ready to be picked. Last night we picked enough to stock both of our refrigerators, and today I decided to juice some. MMMMMMMMMMMM-MMMMMMMM GOOD! Yummeeeeeee, I say! As I've said before, being outside on a nice day, doing something earthy with my children always seems to make me feel very happy. Hopefully it will keep up for two trees worth of apple-picking! (and after that, another tree will ripen, plus our pear tree and our grapes.....)

Other happy news is that I've actually had some sales recently for my Supermom's No-Lice products. If you aren't familiar with my great business, go check it out! Also, I am looking for some people that would be willing to put out some of my business brochures in places where others can find out about it, such as your library, doctor's office, or business. Any volunteers? With the school year upon us, lice is going to be an issue for so many people. Why not make it the issue of *prevention* rather than *extermination*?

No comments: