Monday, September 26, 2005

Little By Little

Well, I just spent a half hour typing this post out, and then Blogger ate it. Ugh! I hate it when that happens. But, as it turns out, that post may have been even worse than this one will be, so we will consider it a mercy killing and move on.

All I wanted to tell you was that a few days ago (before the church insult) I heard this interesting thing. It was from a model, who says that each day she weighs herself, and if she sees that she is a pound over her goal weight, she immediately eats a little less and exercises a little more. This way she never gains weight or has to do a huge amount of work to get back in shape.

I really liked that tip, and the idea of just looking at one pound. I usually look at my weight loss needs as the whole 15 pounds that I currently want to lose. I am thinking now of trying to just focus on one pound at a time a see how it goes.

I don't own a scale, as I have always found them to be demeaning. I am 6 feet tall and curvy. The numbers that most people see are not the kind of numbers I will ever see this side of terminal illness. Even though I know intellectually that I should weigh more than people 6 inches shorter than me, those numbers seem awfully big. I have decided to try to weigh myself once a week at the home I go to for small group instead.

One my my 2005 resolutions was to lose 25 lbs. this year. I have 15 left to go, and not quite that many weeks left, with the two fattiest holidays thrown in there. Think I can do this? I am going to give it a try. It would be really nice to start 2006 already have reached that goal.

1 comment:

Willow said...

Dolly, I have some catching up to do, but the last five are the most difficult to take off.

I have at least 50 to drop and I've been trying desperately. We've even done bloodwork to determine there's really nothing wrong with me like thyroid or anything.

And being 5'2" at best, even just 5 pounds looks like 15. ::Sigh::

I'm right there with you.