Friday, September 16, 2005

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

And if *that* wasn't enough for you...there's MORE!

So, the solo sleeping thing was short-lived, as you might have predicted. One thing that I have always hated about trying to sleep without my littlest kids is that I have a very hard time falling into restful sleep because I am always kind of bracing for someone to start crying and needing me to come get them/pick them up/etc. It almost always happens, so it's not a false concern. When the kiddle is in the bed, I can just cuddle up and sleep knowing that nobody is going to waken me with anything other than sticking their little toes down the back of my underwear or cracking their forehead into my nose. Little stuff like that.

A mini movie review today: Hitch. Loved it. Clever, fun, sweet, funny, good story. I enjoyed seeing an interracial romance in a movie without the race being an issue. 10 years ago you wouldn't have seen that. Heck...maybe not 5 years ago. Too many graphic sex references for me to say ok for Sullen to watch it, but the hubby and I enjoyed it very much. Definitely a winner movie in my book.

Here's where I will pretend I am in a Blog-Your-Most-Boring-Stuff contest:

Today's highlights included taking Jake the Great to get evaluated for the learning quirk stuff, and putting air into one of the Burb tires All By Myself. (sing it with me: "I'm a big kid now!")

Tomorrow should be equally as exciting, with 3 kids going for eye exams. Yee haw! Do we know how to whoop it up on a Saturday or WHAT?

Ok, forget the boring stuff. Here's some primo news:

Our darn little doggie has been digging to get under our fence lately, running away almost daily. Today she had a big adventure and ended up getting a ride to the high school, was temporarily adopted by a lunch lady/animal rescue enthusiast, and finally brought back home again where she is now on the Black List. You know, we already had one dog that ran away all the time, and we gave her up to go to a place that could keep her safe and not let her be a nuisance to the neighbors. Now here we are....deja vu all over again. Stinkin pets....ugh! The lunch lady actually offered to keep our little runaway, and I had half a mind to tell her yes, thank you, and good luck. Will have to see about that. My little children are quite fond of their doggie, so I do not know that this will be a possibility.

I picked up two new books from the library today. The one I've started reading is The Interruption of Everything by Terry McMillan, who is also the author of How Stella Got Her Groove Back and Waiting to Exhale. I'm enjoying it, and with McMillan's track record, I don't expect to be disappointed.


1 comment:

Willow said...

I liked Hitch! It was better than I thought it would be (even if it was really predictable).