Friday, September 09, 2005

Hidey-Ho Neighbors!

I'm going to stop telling you all every day that I didn't sleep well. OK? Because, really, it's getting kind of boring, isn't it?

The hubby and I watched an unusual movie last night: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. The story takes place in Savannah, Georgia, and now I am truly wondering if people paint their walls hot pink and shocking lavender and go around drunk with loaded guns a lot in that area. Oh, and *is* Savannah deep in "voodoo country" as the movie says? Any readers from Savannah? I am quite curious! Until I hear differently, I don't suppose you'll find *me* anywhere near Savannah! I will add that anyplace with cottonwood trees and fog is, to me, the perfect place for murder and mystery. Don't you agree?

Anyhow, it's sort of a mystery, with some funny stuff, some clever stuff, some sass, and some acting that made me wonder if it was really bad or really brilliant. It kind of walked a line right there that kept me guessing.

Overall I guess I liked it ok. If you like movies that are a little bit different and not your typical story line, this might be one for you.

Personally, I suspect this might be the worst movie review I have ever written.

SO, now that THAT's out of the way....what else?

Big day ahead of me today: grocery shopping, with a twist! The twist is that I will take my 2 and 4 year olds with me, which I am sure to be sorry for. But, it must be done, and I am truly spoiled since I never have to grocery shop with children along. Today's shopping trip will give me a renewed appreciation for my blessings. :)

From the archives, One year Ago Today:
Very Mom caused me pain with her telling of the Great Poop Battle of 2004
I wrote more about the hilarious-but-terrible experience of being bullied into teaching a preschool church class.
and kind of a funny story about an escaped convict running loose in our town.

Thank goodness that I now have archives to guarantee that I have something to write about, even when I don't! Phew!

1 comment:

Dollymama said...

Know what? Actually, it was fine! I took my 7 year old as well, so he pushed one cart and I pushed another. We had the 4 and 2 year olds in each cart. No prob! They were good, didn't beg for very many items, helped unload the cart onto the conveyor belt, and didn't do or say anything naughty. Hey--my 7 year old didn't even run into the back of my feet with the cart!

Sorry to disappoint! This isn't nearly so interesting than a disaster would have been. :)