Thursday, May 18, 2006

You know, I was thinking about the surprise party on Tuesday night, and how most of the people from church were able to attend. I was realizing that a lot of people would not have that response. In today's go-go-go world, most people seem to have every night of their week taken up with some sort of place to go and thing to do.

Two of the things about our church that we really value are:

1. That there is a strong emphasis on families not getting into the crazy grind of running all the time. We only have Sunday morning church because we do not want people's entire lives taken up with running....even to church!

2. There is a strong emphasis on relationships. Not just "Good morning, how are you? nice to see you!" church foyer relationships, but actual getting to know people and caring about them.

I realized that our church friends were able to come because their schedules weren't clogged up, and they took the time to add something to their schedule because they care about us.

That rocks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too belong to a church which often feels like a family. If I were to take the church out of my life, I would be left with little. Very much of my activities involve people we've connected with through our church. Its a great feeling for us and our children. I often hear people say, "I believe but I don't need to go to a church for that!" It is in this supportive community that I have grown and continue to grow as a person. I just couldn't do that by myself.

Speckledpup said...

that does totally rock.

good for you.

The Pup.

Mimi said...

I am also blessed to have an amazing church family and glad you do too.