Saturday, May 06, 2006

I've Got It

In order to help my children get into the habit of blooming where they're planted, I could start taking them to all sorts of varied situations, teaching them how to enjoy themselves and relax again and again. And I wouldn't quit until they figured out how to behave nicely and with a good attitude. Maybe we should start a list of places I could take them:

performance art
museums of all kinds
more doctor's waiting rooms!
boring shopping trips
long car trips

Feel free to add on.

Another idea I had was this: I have told you about how our church teaches on a virtue a month. Well, in the summer we take a break from that somewhat. What if I filled in with some virtues that we need to work on? I thought of Initiative, Cheerfulness, and Contentment. What do you think?

Yes, I'm serious.

4 comments:

owlhaven said...

I think that would be great! Maybe one a week, and praise, praise, praise! I may try this too...

Mary

Marilyn said...

Perhaps you can find a woodsman festival, a tomato festival or something similar. My 3 children loved those type of events and went along cheerfully with their parents,never complained or asked when we could go home :)

Dollymama said...

MOM you are making me laugh! Ah the woodsmens festival. i believe the we kids went and sat in the van after we'd had enough. But, see, we still had fun because we took pictures of each other with pennies in our eyes and other nonsense. It was a good time, even if we didn't want to watch the lumberjacks make squirrels out of wood with chain saws!

Dollymama said...

Also, mom, don't forget Octoberfests, farm days, field days, fire dept. pancake breakfasts, and so forth.

NOW I KNOW WHY I LEARNED TO HAVE FUN NO MATTER WHAT! it's thanks to you and dad dragging us to all manner of events.... Thank you!