Thursday, May 11, 2006

I remembered the other good thing!

The OTHER good thing that happened on Tuesday is this:

My Dell Axim had fallen on Saturday and the screen was cracked. I called Dell and got a replacement on the way. (Thankfully I had gotten an extended warranty!) The screen cracks made it impossible to get any information beamed off of my Axim and onto my husband's Axim, and our charging dock had been broken for a long time so I hadn't been backing up any of my info. I was very concerned about losing all my data. Not only do I have my addresses and phone numbers on there, but our schedule, alarms for various things, and tons of things I've written down--even all my notes about my book ideas!

Well, the replacement arrived Tuesday along with a new charging dock, and I got all of my stuff safely off of the broken Axim and onto my new one. I was VERY happy that my info was saved. What's better is that I now understand how to properly back up all of my stuff so this shouldn't be an issue again.

Another fun thing about this is that I learned about Avant Go which is a free service where I can get news and other stuff downloaded into my Axim automatically every time I dock it. It is really cool! I have things like USA Today, a devotional, book reviews, and lots more. I am having a rebirth of my love affair with my axim. :)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Glad you had the warranty.