Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Busy, busy, busy!

We had a fun weekend at home. We got inspired to begin working on some projects with our free bricks, so we worked on making a patio that is looking very cool! All the kids helped and my husband worked like the mighty workhorse he is. We chipped away at the ground to make it level, moved dirt around, and placed the bricks in a nice design. We made a lot of good progress on it!

We also started working on a raised garden bed for a square foot garden, and my 7 and 10 year olds made an outdoor grill area out of the bricks as well. We are all feeling very resourceful!

We have decluttered and organized many things in our home as well. We love to weed out the stuff we no longer need!

I have also had a ton of new possibilities coming at me for my business. I recently joined a fabulous egroup called The Mom Pack that has given me so many ideas, opportunities, and new sales leads that my head has been spinning. I have had so many things to work my way through and consider that it has been very exciting but also overwhelming. I am trying to figure things out, plan, set goals, and prioritize. It is harder than I expected, because I keep finding out about more stuff to factor into everything! My great hope is to be able to use my ideas and abilities to create a decent supplemental income for my family this year. I always feel like I have great ideas, but with the needs of my family, I rarely have the time to get my ideas into action. With all six kids being in school come August, I will have a little more time to get moving. I am trying to get my head together and learn all I can between now and then so that when the iron is hot...I can strike! :)

The kids are enjoying their break from school. They have been playing outside, having fun with our homemade slip-n-slide, making things, and so forth. Good times!

No comments: