Thursday, February 09, 2006

So Much for Hoping that the Repair Would Be Inexpensive

$1100 poorer, I have returned home. Ouch, I say to thee.

Other than that, I had a lovely time getting to visit with Sooz and her children. Her baby boy is just sweet and adorable and delicious as newborns always are. Her older kids managed to inspire me with their good humored banter, and also with the ways that they remind me of their parents.

At the home front here I rediscovered that it seems no matter the generation, men seem to have the idea that when their wife is home with the kids, she should be able to manage all the chores, money, projects, cooking, plus child care. And when the men are the ones at home on their own with the kids their only job is: playing with the kids. So, you can imagine the backlog that I came home to......charming! But, frankly, I needed a break and I got one so I'm not even going to complain.

Today I watched the Bode Miller movie Flying Downhill. As I mentioned in a previous post, my brother did the music production for the movie, and 14 of his songs are used in the soundtrack. Over a year ago I got to watch a rough cut of the film and put in my two cents worth on the music they were using and what I thought should be different or was good. It was really fun to see the finished project and to see that many of the ideas I had were used. (I don't know that my suggestions had anything to do with it. Probably somebody else just thought the same things I did.)

Bode really does have an interesting history and family, and his story is exciting and dramatic. It is a well-done documentary with cool music and lots of awesome skiing, including impressive wipe outs. For any of you looking to get revved up for the Olympics, you will probably love this movie. Get a copy!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Ouch. That's not cool.

Glad the movie is good, I look forward to the Olympics every time.