Friday, February 24, 2006

Movie Review for the Most Worthless Movie I've Ever Seen

So last night my husband and I watched a movie. And what I can tell you about it is this:

-Never before have I watched a movie that leaves it's characters so utterly one-dimensional and makes the viewer care so little for any of them. Who do you know in real life that is simply their name and occupation?

-Never before have I watched a movie that was so utterly contrived, tossing unlikely characters together in a completely unconvincing way and giving the viewer no reason to believe that it was plausible.

-It's a movie that wants the viewer to "Fight AIDS" but apparently doesn't want anybody to have to change any of their behaviors that helped them get AIDS in the first place.

-It's a musical and other than two songs that were somewhat good, the songs were the type that made us groan and scream in agony as to the stupidity and low quality.

-The best part of this movie was when we finally, mercifully saw the credits roll at the end.

What movie is this? None other than the movie version of the smash Broadway hit RENT!

How on earth could this show have been popular for all these years? It was the worst movie I've ever seen. We hated it. Wholeheartedly.

6 comments:

Buff Tan Honky said...

This is a very whimsical blog you have here. Very whimsical indeed!

Mimi said...

I've not seen the movie or the play.

Dollymama said...

Well, don't bother! ;)

Anonymous said...

The same goes for the play. We went In Chicago because it got rave reviews and I loved that one song (seasons of love), but felt like walking out of the show. We stayed hoping it would get better, but it never did. At least you only wasted the price of a movie ticket.

Anonymous said...

Never Seen it... LOOK i'm posting on your BLOG! Yay!

Oh btw I posted on Sullen's Blog today... I gave him yet another video game he should check out. It's an online Computer game.

Anyway... Just wanted to warn you!

-K

Dollymama said...

PJ,
Years ago when Rent first came out I heard something about it that made me think I'd like it, and so I've kept that thought in my head all these years and borrowed the movie from Netflix. I also kept watching thinking that any minute now it's going to come together and make sense and be profound. Ha! I was thankful that I'd never had the opportunity to see the live performance because it would have been a terrible waste of money.