Friday, December 31, 2004

2004 Year in Review Meme

There's this little meme going around the blogs, though I would play along too...

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? Started my very own blog! Started writing a book. Fought a family infestation of head lice without chemicals and won the battle. Started a book group through my library.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, the only one I can remember is that I wanted to lose weight. Although I did lose some, it wasn't anything close to what I wanted/needed. So, that is still on the list for 2005, along with eating healthier, finishing the CNHP, starting the ND program, and a bunch of others. Why not aim high?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend Brenda had a baby girl after 4 boys. And my dear friend Marla is expecting her first baby in April and that is **thrilling**!!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit? Just the USA. I don't get out much, as I've told ya.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? Enough money to afford a better/bigger/more suitable vehicle for my family. (We are now driving a 14 year old van with nearly 200,000 miles on it, that seats 7 when we have 8 in our family, and now has a big fat dent in the front and side from the deer that hit me right before Thanksgiving.... Contributions, anyone?)

7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Not sure of the exact date, by the lice infestation is definitely memorable, as is the day my back went out.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Taking time to evaluate my life, think about my priorities, make necessary changes, invest in myself.

9. What was your biggest failure? Gladly, I don't have any failures that I'm dwelling on.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes, in February my back went out in a really bad way and I spent 2 weeks or so bedridden and in terrible pain, months of recovery, and still have residual twangs of OUCH from it.

11. What was the best thing you bought? new elastic-free clothes, new bras and undies (the maternity wear HAD to go!!!)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My own when I stuck to my guns and got Doodles Bin Peein and Izzy Bin Poopin potty trained!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? Izzy Bin Poopin and Doodles Bin Peein when they persisted in poopin their drawers after they knew better!

14. Where did most of your money go? Just living expenses. That's where it all goes, pretty much!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting to attend the Certified Natural Health Professional seminar and learning so much.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004? I can't think of one at the moment.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? thinner (just barely!)
c) richer or poorer? about the same, I think

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Reading out loud to my kids.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Laying in bed in pain with an injured back.

20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? I'm spending it right now! The hubby is at work, the kids and I are having a party. We put on the Shrek party CD, ordered pizza, Doodles peed on my bed while snoozing, Squiggy Magoo puked on me at the dinner table, then I did laundry, we ate ice cream sundaes (my last junk food hurrah for a darn long time), and watched Eloise. Do we know how to whoop it up, or what?!

21. Did you fall in love in 2004? Nope. I was already in love!

22. How many one-night stands? None ever!!

23. What was your favorite TV program? I watch no TV, unless you count what I can get from Netflix, in which case it is SURVIVOR! I loved watching Rob and Amber fall in love!!

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, I have worked to get rid of hate. It's too toxic to hold on to.

25. What was the best book you read? Oh, man, I have read so many books this year. I am currently loving Frugal Luxuries and Frugal Luxuries by the Seasons both by Tracey McBride. Also loved Feng Shui Your Clutter Away, because it's way more than a home organization book.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? My 2 sons playing the trombone. Also, a 15-year old young lady with an amazing voice, Renee Olstead.

27. What did you want and get? A Dell Axim. Also, a Green Star Juicer that will arrive next week!! (healthy living here I come)

28. What did you want and not get? Time/energy/stick-to-it-tiveness to exercise and lose weight/get in shape. But my life circumstances, including hurt back and 6 young children could be construed as a reasonable excuse....

29. What was your favorite film of this year? I watched so many, thanks to Netflix..... I guess I'll mention Ella Enchanted (for the soul-singing scene especially). Capturing the Friedmans because of the fascinating look at a complicated story, such that I couldn't really decide who I thought was innocent, guilty, sane, or crazy. Just Married, because it had me laughing within the first 30 seconds.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 33 this year, and my husband sent me to a day spa for half a day.

31.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? If I had had all the money, time, and energy to make all my dreams (and those of my family) come true. Oh well. I'll have to appreciate character development instead.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? Turning my back on the Lands End elastic-waist pants, and actually getting things that are in style. Even if they were from Lane Bryant. A girl's gotta start somewhere.

33. What kept you sane? Taking care of myself for a change.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I'm not too into the celebrities, but my favorite actors are Reese Witherspoon and Heath Ledger.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? Wishing people would think outside of the box and consider third parties more seriously. Other than that I didn't get stirred too much.

36. Who did you miss? My mom, gram, brother, and sister. I didn't see any of them for an entire year. Too. Darn. Long. Now I've had a fresh dose of them, and hopefully it won't take a year before I get another one.

37. Who was the best new person you met? I got to talk to Sherry, Mother of 7 Boys, on the phone. That was fun!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004. Taking time to invest in yourself is a step toward investing in everyone else who matters to you as well.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Oh be thankful for the good things that you've got
Oh be thankful for the good things that you've got
The good things that you've got
are for many just a dream
So be thankful for the good things that you've got.
(from an Evie song, circa 1970s or early 80s--still love it!)

No comments: