Saturday, December 11, 2004

Thoughts on Blog Explosion

OK, so I told you all about Blog Explosion. I added a little BE banner to my site. I was happy to see my counter stats going up. And it was fun to see that some new people came and liked Dolly Mama Strikes Again! enough to add it to their blog rolls and favorites. Very nice.

But.....

I'm not sure it's worth it.

When I go to surf other blogs to earn my credits I usually find a blog so annoying that I am finding other things to do while I wait for the 30 seconds to pass so I can click on by. Most of the blogs I'm seeing aren't anything that I'm interested in reading, and a good deal of them really, truly stink.

So I've been thinking to myself, Do I really care if my numbers go up? So what if I got 2000 more hits? That's great that it produced maybe 20 new people that want to actually come back and read some more. I hope they enjoy what I have to say. But I don't know that I'm going to bother much with racking up those credits so that others can come and ignore me for 30 seconds while I go over to their blog to ignore them for 30 seconds.

I guess you could say that I'm over my very brief crush on Blog Explosion. I'm glad for the authentic readers I have, and love it when they like what I write enough to mention me on their blogs. But mainly, I'm writing because I enjoy it.

4 comments:

Dollymama said...

Hi Hope,
Yes, I found your blog via BE, so I guess ours can be a BE success story. ;)

I usually only surf BE now if I am really, really bored, or if I write something I think is especially valuable, and I want to spread it around to more people.

Meg: said...

Aww...I've found a LOT of GREAT blogs through BE! If I'm not interested in one, I don't bother to wait the 30 secs. Why waste my time? I just move on until I find something I *do* like.

Bryan said...

If I find a blog I don't like, I add it to my "do not view" list, and that eats up some of the 30 seconds. Plus, I highly doubt that the BE police will come arrest you if you don't wait the full :30.

I found you (and blogmarked you) through BE, so it's not all bad.

Dollymama said...

Glad you found me, Carson. Would you like to tell me your blog address so I can go check it out?

I do use the Do Not View feature, but I think it is only set to accept 25 sites, so I try to save it for the ones I hate the most. :)