Monday, December 06, 2004

It's a Momentous Day!

I could spend my time telling you about all the 2 projects I accomplished this weekend (overhauling the little boy's room and cleaning out a dirty junk closet to create a walk-in coat closet). I could tell you about the free babysitting we got on Friday night and the friends we double-dated with and how we laughed and laughed.

But INSTEAD

I'm going to tell you that

Today is a Momentous Day

because I have decided to write a book. Actually, I didn't just decide. I have begun. I AM WRITING A BOOK.

No, it's not going to be an Erma Bombeck-ish book about my life with kids. Instead, this is a book about something I have not yet seen discussed, and it is about something I think is extremely important.

It's a book calling for balance and moderation in the Christian homeschool community.

This is a book born from my own experiences and observations of this group, and about the unhealthy extremes that seem to abound among the High-Up proponents of home education. I'll be saying things in this book that will make some people hate me, and others will cheer for a book that encourages sanity and true thinking. They will cheer for a book that validates what they have been thinking but have been afraid to speak.

This thing has been gestating within me for years, and this morning I knew that it was time to let it out.

3 comments:

Babette said...

Catching up on my daily Dolly dose...wow! Your book idea is great and sorely needed! Put me on the waiting list.

Dollymama said...

Thanks!
If you have comments to share on the subject that I could use in the book, please let me know.

Meg: said...

Sounds good! Extremists scare me. LOL