Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Montezuma's Revenge and Other Miseries

Remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned that Izzy Man had been striken with a terrible stomach virus? Well, this has continued on ever since, passing back and forth between each of my 3 youngest sons. One of the more horrible distinctions of this illness is that, although the ensuing diarrhea and vomit are so foul smelling that it makes one's eyes water, the burps and farts that pop up are every bit as vile. I was just reminded of this as Izzy Man came up to me just moments ago.....wonder what kind of fun I'm in for with Him tonite....

To make matters worse, Mr. Firecrapper (my husband) is working his 24 hour shift. AND, Squiggy Magoo is in bad shape with his usual cold-that-turns-into-breathing-distress. I have given him every medicine and breathing treatment option that I have available, and he's still miserable. Actually, I think he is somewhat improved, but this still has the potential to be a looooooooooong night.

Squiggy LOVES to nurse every chance he gets, but when he is not feeling well this turns into an angry obsession. And not only does he want to gnaw away at my breasts for hours on end, but seems to find a particularly satisfying thrill to also pinching and scratching lightly at me at the same time. Needless to say, The Girls are greatly dismayed at what they may be called up to do tonite....

I actually just overheard myself say to my 20-month old
"I am sorry. I cannot nurse you right now. My boobs are killing me and you are just going to have to respect that."
(insert studio audience laughter)
See? I'm already losing my mind.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

OMG! I can totally relate to your nursing comment. I bf my ds (age 2.5) until about 2 months ago and I had to tell him the boobies were "nite nite" at times just to keep him off of them! I loved our nursing relationship and am sad that it is over, but it is so funny some of the things extended nursing mothers get to experience, isn't it?

I am glad you found my blog so that I could find yours. I can already tell I am going to enjoy adding you to my favorites!

Thanks again for your comments regarding me having the blues. I really appreciate your concern.