Friday, December 24, 2004

Firecrapper Lives!

So hello again to all my faithful readers. I wanted to let you know that my husband is fine after the big fire. 5 or more fire departments came to lend a hand and it took over 8 hours to put out. It wiped out a block of the downtown area and there were some dangerous moments and a few injuries, but overall everybody is fine. He was home in time to help me get the kids to bed and set up the gifts and stockings. Yay!

We had our little Christmas shin-dig this morning. The kids were thrilled and it was nice to have it just be a few things. Now I've got pies baking, ham in the crock pot, and so on. Unfortunately, the fire dept. is very understaffed right now and so my husband will be going in to do some overtime today and tonite, and then tomorrow is his regular 24-hour shift. But, really, we're all done with our festivities and it's fine for him to go. We're just enjoying being home and all the kids are running around playing with their new toys and setting up their stuff.

I'm already looking at the rest of this school break and trying to think of things to do during it to make it meaningful and well-spent. I'm hoping to do more reading with the kids, playing games that we got for Christmas, and so on. Just simple family life, I guess.

I hope that all of you experience a beautiful and safe Christmas tomorrow. May the memories you make be wonderful ones!


3 comments:

Sherry said...

Glad to hear your hubby made it home safe!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Hi DollyMama
Glad to hear your DH got home safe and sound .
He is a brave man, you must be very proud of him !

Mandy said...

Whew, thank goodness all turned out well for your dh and your family. It is so hard to send our husband's into harm's way, isn't it?

I hope your holiday has continued well and that the New Year ahead is brings continued health and happiness.