Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Today's Accomplishments

After several days of flitting around the house with my Mrs. Home Organization hat on, I had to turn my attention back to the kitchen today. It was suffering from neglect...and something smelled funky in there too.

I baked bread (which I haven't done for probably 2 months), made 2 pumpkin pies, and got a crock pot lasagne cooking away for dinner. I was brave enough to try another internet recipe (remember last month's soup that my son declared resembled something that might be served in a prison camp?) so I'll let you know how it turns out. (I know all you blog explosion people can't want to come back and see how it goes!!)

Hey--about the pumpkin pies--have you folks noticed the new ready-made pie crusts that are shortbread? I am now using the shortbread crusts for pumpkin pie and sometimes for apple pie. I am also using the graham cracker crusts for more things. Traditional pie crust seems kind of pointless to me. If we need a crust, why not have it be tasty?

Only a week and a half until we leave for my mom's house to celebrate Christmas. Ah, yes, 8 people stuffed into a 7 passenger vehicle for 14 hours with all our Christmas paraphernalia on board. Should be *quite* a trip, don't you think? Maybe I'll audio blog from the van just to make you all glad that you're suffering in long lines at the crowded malls, rather than being me. Anybody got any frequent flyer miles they want to donate to our cause???

1 comment:

Meg: said...

Hey...just thought I'd let you know you've been nominated: http://www.blogmechanics.com/bob/