Wednesday, September 29, 2004

If I Lived All Alone

Do you other mothers ever fantasize about what it would be like if you lived all alone? I have never ever lived alone. I went from my parent's home to college roommates to my husband. In the last few days it has occurred to me that there would sure be some nice things about living alone.

If I lived all alone

my bed would never be gritty from sandy little feet

I would have tools and would have a place for them so that I always had a hammer or drill when I needed it

there would be no half eaten apples under my couch

I would know where my 3 pound weights are. Nobody would have run off with them.

I wouldn't have to hide my Three Musketeers Minis

my keys would always be where I left them

nobody would take my water and spill it all over the floor

stuff I do would stay done unless I undid them

I would sleep in a bed with nobody else sticking their feet into my back, their armpits in my face, or their teeth trying to gnaw at my boobs

Well, I won't continue....it just sounds too good. I'm not even going to end this post with one of those obligatory statements such as "But of course I'd also be SO LONELY and would miss all the pitter patter of little feet running to kick the crap out of their siblings....." Nope. I'm just going to admit to a little fantasizing today. :)


Go ahead, join me. What would YOU enjoy about living alone? (tell it with no apologies!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm. If I lived all alone,

I wouldn't have to bother with a PS2 or the ensuing struggles that arise from having one.

My family room carpet would be cleaner.

I'd feel more comfortable having really nice furniture, knowing it probably wouldn't get damaged just by me, accidentally or otherwise.

I'd be able to find my golden tape dispenser, which often disappears here since it's the only one anyone can find.

I'd for sure not ever trip on rollerblades at the bottom of the stairs.

I'd wash fewer towels.

Mine definitely doesn't have nearly the texture that yours has. :-) But, I do get some alone time these days so some of the other things have probably faded away.