Friday, September 03, 2004

First week of school

Here is a conversation I overheard between my 6th grade son M. and my 1st grade son J. after their 4th day of school this year:

H (2nd grade daughter): Hi M. How was your day?
M: It sucked.
H: It sucked?
M: Yeah, it sucked.
J: Well my day sucked too.
M: *Your* day sucked? What could suck about first grade?!
J: Yeah, it really did! (emphatically)
M: Well what happened that sucked about your day?
J: We had this really hard homework and it was hard for me to do.
M: Oh.
J: Well, what sucked about your day?
M: I got punched by a stupid kid.


It's gonna be a looooooooong school year......

(and, you know, when I was a kid my mother would put tobasco sauce in our mouth if we said *fart* and here I am with kids that say *sucks*....where have I gone wrong???)

No comments: