Saturday, September 11, 2004

Here's Why You Should Thank Me For Having Six Children

Found this article the other day:
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/CollegeandFamily/P92820.asp?Printer

It talks about how falling birth rates are a threat to the world economy. This wasn't a completely new piece of information for me. I believe that in Italy the birth rare was below replacement level for quite awhile that the government realized that there was going to be Big Trouble if people didn't get producing some more citizens, so they started urging their people to do so.

It's a refreshing change to the Zero-Population bandwagon, at any rate. And now I can hold my head up high when people want to act all snooty-falooty that I have 6 kiddos. "At least I've contributed to the economy!" :)

1 comment:

Babette said...

or, "Don't worry, my children will be paying your Social Security!" ;~)

I'll hold my head up a little taller today...