Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Trial and Error

Finding a workable schedule for homeschool, homemaking, kids needs, business, etc. is a little tricky. As is usually the case, when I see a situation that isn't really working out, I come up with a new-and-improved plan in my mind. I had a great new plan ready to go for yesterday when Junior Asparagus went back to preschool. Ha! We didn't like it. We like to get our stuff done in the morning and have it behind us. So, back to the drawing board!

The good news is that today we have done all of our reading, discussion questions, etc. before it was even time to get our little buddy on his way to school. Once he's on the bus, we'll be finishing up all of our seat work in one burst. (math, spelling, timed test, language arts, etc.)

On my list of hopes for today:

Getting our Rosetta Stone Spanish program set up on the laptop so we can start using it!

Reading through our upcoming science lab book to prepare

Decluttering (I didn't get to stay on that kick as long as I wanted to, but I'm still working on it slowly)

Figuring out some solutions to a few business issues I've been struggling with.

Four hours til I head out to pick kiddos up from school. Looks like I have my work cut out for me!

Happy news: My husband has been working twice as much as usual lately, and although I am doing fine keeping things running without him, I do miss him. He was home with us yesterday and we had a very good time getting to be together. It was refreshing to have him around.

No comments: