Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More on the Hollidays

Thanks to those of you that prayed for the Holliday family yesterday. You can go here to see photos of Jaron's body arriving in Oklahoma, the family, etc. The photos were taken by a member of the Patriot Riders. This group of bikers goes around to funerals for fallen soldiers and insulates the family and friends from the cruel and irrational attacks by the protesters. I love bikers---hearts of gold!

I couldn't help but think as I watched the photos roll by that Jaron is every mother's son, every child's big brother.

Parenthood launches us into the most emotionally vulnerable role of our lives. It's terrifying, really.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are very powerful pictures...I wish I could just hug that family and give them some comfort...because there are no words.

TaunaLen said...

Thank you for these pictures. My daughter and I went out yesterday and stood with the American Flag honor guard. It was an experience I will never forget. My heart aches for this family, this mother. I wish I could do more, say more, to comfort these dear ones who made the ultimate sacrifice so that I could live in a safe home and nation. Thank you for sharing all of this. If you hadn't I would have missed the opportunity to stand and honor this young man and his loved ones. I will never forget.

~TaunaLen

TaunaLen said...

You can see photos of our American Flag Honor Guard expereince here:

http://taunalen.blogspot.com/2007/08/thank-you-is-not-enough.html

Blessings,

~TaunaLen

Dollymama said...

Tauna, that's wonderful that you were able to be there. I wish I was close enough to do the same.

I'm so glad that this teeny weeny blog was able to give you the information so you could be there. With so few readers, I sometimes doubt that what I share has any greater impact than on myself just for having written it. That would be ok, but it's nice to sometimes know that the reach is a little bigger than that.