Sunday, May 13, 2007

Having a Good Mother's Day So Far?

Me neither.

My daughter has hurt her arm and I think it might be broken. Looks like a trip to the Urgent Treatment Center or hospital is in the works for later today. I just love how we *just* got all of our medical bills paid off, and now we can start with a new batch. UGH

My 4 year old son woke me up calling for me at 3am. Then he got in my bed. And then my sleeping was over. Hence, it's 5:55am and I've been on the computer for awhile now. I'm sure how tired I am will hit me right about as I'm stuck in the middle of something medical for my sobbing, miserable daughter.

One bright spot: A perk of having my kids in school is that they come home on the Friday before Mother's Day with sweet gifts. My daughter wrote me a poem that states 3 times "you are smart and wonderful" as well as insightfully pointing out things like, "You pretend to not need the things you need" and other gems. My 8 year old son made me this cute card that had this little fill-in-the-blank page:

My Mother's Name is __________ (which he misspelled, adorably) but I call her _mom_.

She is about _5_ feet tall (I'm 6 feet tall so this was a chuckle) and has _brown_ hair and _brown_ eyes.

I love it when she cooks _checkn_. (chicken, folks!)

One thing we like to do together is _tok_. (talk)

He favorite color is _pink_ (I don't really have a favorite so that'll work) and her favorite music is _kid stuf_. (which is our church music for our kid's program. I do actually like it, although it's not my favorite. I play it a lot around the house, though, so good guess.)

My mother is very special. Let me tell you why. _becaues I love her._ (AW!!!)

Too sweet!

My two kindergarteners came home with flowers in plastic cups. Love that! They also had cards with their handprints in them. They say:

This is my hand.
My hand will do
A thousand loving things for you
And you will remember
When I am tall
That once my hand
Was just this small.

Made me cry!!

Sadly, the preschool teacher seems to have dropped the ball on Mother's Day. Bummer. I love those little class project cards and gifts.

No comments: