Wednesday, August 09, 2006

They're Off!....and I'm a Terrible Mother




It's the first day of school! My children just got on the bus moments ago.

And you know what?! I missed it.

I was trying to send out one quick email while they waited, and thought they would yell in to tell me when the bus came into view so I could wave goodbye. But they didn't.

By the time I heard the bus and ran down the stairs it was down the road.

How sad! I feel terrible. Didn't even wave goodbye to my kids on the first day of school. L-O-S-E-R.

5 comments:

Alana said...

Wow, school has started already? Ours isn't until next week. I need to buy dd1 her school supplies.

You would only be a looser if you sent them to school hungry and in filthy clothes because you were in bed with and oxycontin hangover....just to put things in perspective.

Maybe have fresh cookies or something for them when they get off the bus and all will most likely be forgiven.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your kids are starting school so soon. It's still the middle of summer as far as I'm concerned! I don't have kids, but I always loved the beginning of school because I can by new notebooks and pens and pencils!

Enjoy your time by yourself. And follow Alana's advise and have those cookies ready when they get home!

Mimi said...

Nah, you aren't a loser - you have 179 more days to see them off.

Anonymous said...

Oh Erica, Don't be soo hard on yourself. You have many days to see them off on the bus!!Wow your kids' school starts early ours is in two weeks. hugs, ~Aileen

Anonymous said...

Lol I was just passing by and this made me laugh!