Wednesday, August 16, 2006

RV: movie review


Since my brain is so fried between trying to learn how to build a web site, having too many projects going at once, and being overly emotional about birthdays, I took a break from my computer work today to watch RV. Robin Williams is the dad of a family in need of some time away from their electronic gadgets and to make some real connections. They set out on a road trip in a rented RV, and of course are met with a variety of crazy situations and people.

There were some very funny moments and some talented performances, and the overall message was good. However, I didn't think it was that great and decided not to offer it to my children to watch. Despite it's PG rating it did not pass my test for my kids to watch. Sexual innuendo, cruddy displays of teenagers acting like complete brats, potty talk, and a lot of cleavage were enough to make me think that I can do without it's influence in my children's lives.

No comments: