Thursday, August 17, 2006

Paralysis

I'm paralyzed.

Not literally exactly. I can still walk and wiggle my fingers and toes.

It's my brain that's the problem.

I've got several very difficult projects sitting in from of me, some that I literally do not know how to do. Yes, I can learn. But all of that takes T-I-M-E and brain power. My brain feels shot. This is not my best time of the month for energy or ideas.

I do not like a learning curve that requires me to take hours upon hours to learn stuff that, if someone was sitting right next to me, would take me 5 or 10 minutes to understand.

Since my kids have been back in school I have been feverishly slaving away at the computer, working, working, working on my business escapades every moment that I could.

And I burned myself out on it in less than a week. (That's PMS for you!)

The other day I forced myself to make a little schedule (just a general one) for times to do house stuff, times to do work stuff, and times to do kid stuff. If I can stick to it, I'll be a sane-r woman.

For this week, though, when my brain is so fried that I can't hardly start, I decided to just chill out with my preschooler. He starts school on Monday, and then I will be alone for 16 hours a week (except for when my husband is here, which will be more demand on my time than when the kids are home....).

My brain is so fried that when I went for a hair cut (to fix the bad, bad, made-me-cry pre-vacation hair cut) on Tuesday and my stylist asked me, "So, do you want bangs or want to grow this out?" I was completely and utterly unsure what the answer was. I was like, "Um, well, hmmm, I'm not sure......let's see......well.....huh.....um.....I don't know......." Yeah, it's bad. [Note to self: No more hair cuts while under the spell of PMS. Furthermore, the bangs were a bad call. Next time, grow them out.]

So, naps, movies, and outings this week. Next week...hopefully I won't be paralyzed any more.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi! I've enjoyed your blog for a while and decided to come out of the woodwork of lurkerdom!

I'm the same way about learning curves- especially when it comes to computer stuff. I get impatient quickly!

I hope you get can enjoy a break and come back to your business stuff nice a renewed. What business stuff are you working on?

Anonymous said...

YES! Get out, feel the air, take in the lingering colors of summer and just leave yourself open to inspiration. Allow yourself the moments to just be. Hugs, ~Aileen