Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Brain power returns!



Well, thanks for all of your encouragement. As usually happens, once I got past the PMS zone my brain cells jumped back into action and I am on a roll again.

One fine reader asked me what kind of business stuff I am working on. Well, you've twisted my arm and dragged it out of me!

First of all, most of you know that I have my Supermom's No-Lice Advice business already. Well, that is still going, but it was only a starting point. My next stop on the Supermom train is Supermom's Health and Wellness. It is going to be a store that has
-encouragement
-appreciates that most people will do better in achieving their health goals if they take baby steps
-community forums and a blog
-lots of content to teach people why a particular product may be helpful to them
-not a million products to choose from--just a few select ones that my family uses and loves and feels is a really good value

And when I say "wellness," that is going to incorporate a wide range of life, since I believe we are all better off when we can laugh, love, think, play, rest, and just be.

So, that in and of itself is a big undertaking.

But, I'm also working on my first book, and it's almost done! It's tentatively entitled Supermom's 50 Simple Steps to Healthier Eating. Basically, it's for people who have a vague notion of wanting to "eat healthier" but don't know where to start, or fear that their family members will not be receptive to "healthy" foods. It's got lots of ideas, recipes, and resources for people to make simple healthy changes little by little. I don't know of any other books like it on the market. Most books about healthy eating seem to revolve around some fad diet that people try and then burn out on. I created mine to be something that people can come back to again and again for new ideas and encouragement when they are ready to "pump it up" in the healthy eating department.

AND, as if THAT wasn't enough.....right after I got started with Supermom's Health and Wellness, a fabulous opportunity presented itself for me to open a baby boutique in conjuntion with an already popular web site that attracts pregnant women. Basically, I have had a chance to open a store in a place that already has the traffic I need and the brand recognition that will make the customers feel comfortable. So, this baby boutique has kind of jumped to the top of my list and I am very excited about it. I have been busy thinking through lots of issues in regards to the business and have been combing the world over looking for the cutest, funkiest, most wonderful and personality-packed items for the store. We are going to have several very exclusive items and just gorgeous stuff all the way around.

From there I have actually developed some additional ideas for web-based businesses that will just have to wait on the back burner until I get these three babies of mine up and flying on their own.

I am really encouraged because the internet offers so much potential to people, regardless of your location, education level, looks, time availability, and so forth. The more I learn, the more I see. So I am working on building something that can be special and valuable to others, and a blessing to my own family. It's a really exciting time here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well there you go. You have more than enough projects, thank God you were not paralized for longer. hahaha. I wish you the best with all your projects.

Dollymama said...

Kay--Where did your new blog diappear to??

Anne said...

Hey! I asked that question- thanks for answering. Wow- how exciting! Your mind is just a fertile ground for ideas! It will be neat to hear how these come along. So keep us updated- okay?