Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Plethora of Home Organization Ideas for You!


SOCKS! SOCKS! SOCKS! Let's hear it for sorting the socks! I've had several different methods for matching up and keeping tabs on the socks, and the system I have now is the best so far.

I have one bin that all kid socks go into once they are matched up. Before they get matched, they get set on the top of the washer as I fold the clean laundry. After all the clothes are folded and put away I match up socks and plunk 'em in their bin. The ones without mates get hung up on this shelf with a clothes pin to wait til it's mate turns up. Often I find mates among the ones hung up and the leftovers on the washer. Socks that stay on the shelf too long, get mercilessly thrown in the trash, so that within a day or two it's mate will turn up. Oh well! I don't have any walmart bags full of mismatched socks any more, and the whole process goes a lot faster now.
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Dollymama said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Alas, these are just a few areas that I've slowly gotten organized over 14 years of marriage. Shall I share some photos of all the many areas of my life that are not yet organized in order to make you feel better? It might take hours for the page to load.....

PS: In the summer time you can usually find my kids ages 5 and under wearing one of the following:
undies
diaper or pull ups
some of their own clothing and some of a siblings (either way too big or way too small)
or they run around naked

So, don't feel so bad!