Thursday, June 23, 2005

On The Road Again

So I've left you all dangling on the edge of your seats wondering, "Did Dolly Mama get her car working again? Or is she still sitting at home counting all the things she can be happy for even though she can't leave the premises?"

Well, last Friday my husband had to work so he arranged for a tow truck to come and get our Burb and take it to a repair place. After a few odd mistakes the Burb ended up at my husband's fire dept. rather than at the repair place, and in a fit of whimsy he decided to try once more to see if the car would start. And, of course, it did.

It started!

Huh.

So the next morning he took it to Auto Zone or something to they could hook up their little diagnostic computer thingy to see what might be the problem, and nothing showed up.

Huh, again.

So, our Burb has been driving fine, we paid the bills, and life rolls on.

In a fit of post-broken-down-car idiosy, I drove the kids approximately 40 miles to see a free showing of Rugrats in Paris at a movie theater. I guess I just wanted to take them to do something special to celebrate being able to GO somewhere. The funny thing is, I detest the Rugrats and haven't even allowed my kids to watch any of their stuff in the past.

I have continued my lawn-mowing fitness regimine faithfully, but now the hubby has pulled the plug on me! We haven't had enough rain and so the yard is kind of burning out and he says "No more mowing" until things improve. Sure, just my luck! As soon as I figure out something I like to do that would help my work off some flab, I can't do it any more. So, what shall I take up now? Power mopping? Scrubbing walls from top to bottom? I could probably stand to do a few of those things. I guess I'll spend some time creative thinking about such things until I get hit with enough inspiration to carry me through.

No comments: