Friday, June 17, 2005

And so another week is coming to and end. It's PAYDAY here, so we should be getting on the bandwagon (ha! I accidentally typed 'badwagon'--too true!) to get our vacationing Suburaban fixed, and once we do I will be driving around town feeling so thankful that I can do things like take kids to see lizards at the library's summer reading program. ha.

Squiggy Magoo's been wearing undies, with limited amounts of potty success. But I am happy to report that in about 3 days he's only used about 4 diapers. So, hey! A new way to be thrifty (not recommended if you have carpeted floors).

I've continued to be a flab-losing maniac, push mowing our yard to perfection, so much so that today there is not a single place in our lawn that I can justify wasting gas to mow over. Yesterday I got busy using the weed whipper, (which I was told by friends at small group is an odd name for it. I guess names for weed whippers are regional, sort of like 'coke' 'cola' 'soda' and 'pop') and did so much of it that once I was done my arms actually felt like I could barely hold them up. Heck, at lunch I could barely lift a glass of water to my mouth. I think I'm going to have to pace myself on the weed whipping a little better. At least I realized that I should switch arms part-way through the process. So, either I am totally and completely out of shape, or I *really* worked hard. Your guess is as good as mine. All I know is, it's all gotta add up to helping the overall bod situation, so I'll take it.

My oldest child, Sullen, will be coming home this afternoon from the camp where he has been since Sunday. I have missed him! I don't remember missing him much the past 2 years that he was gone, but I suspect that may be because I was so busy with babies that the week flew by before I had time to notice. Anyhoo, this time I've been having these melancholy thoughts about how it won't be too many years before he'll be grown and move on to college or jobs or a new place to live. sniff sniff

Well, onward and upward, people! Got kids to feed and supervise and laundry to complete and clutter to tackle. Have a good one!

No comments: