Tuesday, April 25, 2006

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Today was Good Deed Day here in dollymamaville. I found out that a friend is on bedrest for a dangerous pregnancy, and then another friend from my small group is recovering from surgery. So, Dollymama to the rescue with fresh bread and chicken salad all around!

The bedrest friend and I visited for a little while and her 3 year old son played with my 3 and 7 year olds. It's been a rough time for their family and she mentioned a lot of concerns about her son's reaction to what's going on with their family.

Well, folks, I think he's got some bigger issues than she may have suspected. First I was called outside by my 7 year old because he kid was dumping sand on my kids. That's pretty normal behavior for little boys, I thought. But the amount of sand on my three year old was truly impressive.

Later I observed him not only pouring sand on my 3 year old's head, but actually smashing handfuls of sand into his face! That's when I decided it was time for us to get going.

But then.....I stepped outside to see my 7 year old looking distressed.

JAKE: Mom.....I hate to have to tell you this, but......

ME: What?!

JAKE: That little boy peed on me!

ME: He peed on you? By accident? Like on your shoe?

JAKE: No, not on accident. On purpose. Like, on my head, my back, my legs, my front, and my feet.....

ME: oh. my. goodness....

Apparently the little guy had launched a surprise attack and Jake didn't get away in time. So he got to ride in the car for 45 minutes PLUS go to the library in peed on clothes....Poor kid!

I did NOT tell the mom that her child was a Peepee Bandit. I figured she didn't need any more stress. PLUS she was already busy cleaning him up because he had crapped his pants. Pray for her!

No comments: