Saturday, July 07, 2007

I've been working working working on my book for most of the day while the children have played all around me. I came up for air long enough to do some baking with them (pound cake--it was delicious!) and a little while later made a quick dinner that wasn't one of my best culinary creations.

Toward the end of the meal the kids were getting kind of crazy. One child had been sent to bed for complaining (remember the Bedtime Train?!), others were making fun of him or acting spazzy because they were excited about having dessert. (others were just acting crazy because they like to)

In the midst of the chaos my littlest kiddo comes over to me with his bowl of dinner in his hands. He looks up at me and says in a super sweet voice,

"Um...mommy? I don't want to eat any more of this because I don't want to throw up."

I laughed so hard I almost fell over.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

It's a good skill to learn young!