Saturday, May 21, 2005

Philadelphia Chickens

My fab friend SoozieQ gave my family the wonderful and hilarious Philadelphia Chickens book and CD a few Christmases ago, but it had been awhile since I had been able to listen to it since the CD was missing. But, Good News! In my recent hard-core decluttering binge I FOUND IT and so today I got to listen to this very, very clever stuff. Basically, it's smart, witty, clever, and musical enough that parents AND the kids will be able to enjoy it. My oldest son likes the song called Snoozers, about wanting to sleep all day and stay up all night. My younger kids get a kick out of the song about the guy with 15 animals, all named Bob. "I've got a cat named Bob and a dog named Bob, and two fish called Bob and Bob...." (very easy to sing along to!) My personal fave is The Belly Button Song ("Belly belly button you're oh so fine, ooh belly button I'm so happy you're mine....." and then with very meditative sounds in the background saying, "So round....so profound....so great to contemplate....").

Well, OK! I know you can't hear it in your head like *I* can, but just take my word for it--it's sime very fun family music. I've purchased it as a new baby gift for friends with several kids and they love it too.

No comments: