Friday, March 18, 2005

Math Month

This morning my 12 year old Sullen was sitting in the living room with me before it was time to go to school. He's not a morning person, and this week he has been especially grouchy because he hasn't been sleeping well and his back hurt.

So, I chat with him while he drinks his breakfast smoothie. Today he tells me, "Yeah, it's 'Math Month" at school."
"So what does that mean for you?" I ask.
"Well, it means that if you want to make a poster about math you can get extra credit." he says dryly. Sullen has something like a 96 in math so it's hardly tempting to him to get extra credit.
"Well, I guess some people might want to do that. What kind of poster would you make?"
So Sullen tells me his poster idea:

MATH SUCKS
BUT YOU NEED IT ANYHOW

Catchy, eh?

No comments: