Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sad news: Heath Ledger has died

My husband has just called to tell me that one of my very favorite actors, Heath Ledger, has died today. Just yesterday I was talking about how much I enjoy his work. I've admired Heath's ability as an actor who plays so many different types of roles so skillfully. I'm really very sad about this. What a terrible, sad loss, and what a sad situation that his life had gotten to the point where he has had either an accidental or purposeful drug overdose. Only 28 years old. What a waste. And now his daughter has to grow up without him. Sad, sad stuff.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

i was so unbelievably shocked when i heard this a few days ago. i didn't necessarily have a special fascination for him but somehow i haven't been able to stop thinking about it...they way he died, laying face down on his bedroom floor (right?)...dying alone...and it's a mystery. he was such a good actor and SO YOUNG!!!!! anyway, i hope his family gets some closure once they really know what happened. *elizabeth

Mimi said...

He was one of my favorites too! May his Memory be Eternal.